200g brown sugar
60g Dried apricots, chopped
165g wholemeal flour
1 tsp Baking powder
grated zest of 1 Oranges
1. Preheat the oven to 180Â°C/gas 4.
2. In a mixing bowl mix together the bran, brown sugar, raisins and apricots.
3. Pour in the milk, stir vigorously and set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the wholewheat flour and baking powder.
5. Stir the orange zest into the bran mixture.
6. Fold the flour mixture into the bran mixture.
7. Turn the mixture into a 900g greased, base-lined loaf tin.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until cooked through.
9. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
2 cups flour, sifted
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
2 1/2 cups chopped mango (about 3 large)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup raisins
Combine first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs with oil and
add to the flour mixture. Stir in mangos, lemon juice and raisins.
Turn into 2 greased 8×4-inch loaf pans and bake at 350F (325F for glass
pans) for one hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes
3 cups sugar
1 cup salad oil
1 1lb. can pumpkin
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
2 tsps. salt
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
2/3 cup water
1 cup nuts
1 cup raisins
Combine sugar, oil and eggs; add pumpkin. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to pumpkin mixture. Add water, mix and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes in 2 large greased loaf pans or 3 small pans, or different sized tin cans (for round breaad).