1 pkg yeast
3 c flour
2 t salt
1 T sugar
1/4 c dry milk powder
1/4 c butter
3/4 c shredded coconut
3/4 c macadamia nuts or almonds
1/2 c crushed pineapple, well drained
1/2 c pineapple juice
1/4 c warm water
Prepare as usual. Makes 2 loaves.
* 1 1/4 cups fresh coconut milk
* 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons sea salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup buttermilk or instant skim milk powder
* 3 2/3 cups unbleached white bread flour
* 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
* 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
How to make coconut bread
* Place into baking pan in order given.
* Set breadmaker to sweet dough or raisin bread cycle.
* Add the coconut at the beeper or during the last 5 minutes of the first knead cycle.