200g brown sugar
60g Dried apricots, chopped
165g wholemeal flour
1 tsp Baking powder
grated zest of 1 Oranges
1. Preheat the oven to 180Â°C/gas 4.
2. In a mixing bowl mix together the bran, brown sugar, raisins and apricots.
3. Pour in the milk, stir vigorously and set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the wholewheat flour and baking powder.
5. Stir the orange zest into the bran mixture.
6. Fold the flour mixture into the bran mixture.
7. Turn the mixture into a 900g greased, base-lined loaf tin.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until cooked through.
9. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (these are optional, it’s great with or without them)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan. If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!