4 Â½ ts Dry yeast
2 c Warm water
2 tb Honey
2 c Barley flour
2 c Wholewheat flour
2 c Unbleached white flour
2 tb Olive oil
2 ts Salt
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water & place in large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in honey & leave till yeast becomes foamy.
3. Combine the three flours & add half to the yeast.
4. Beat with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes.
5. The consistency should be of thick mud.
6. Cover & set aside to rise for 1 hour, till the dough has doubled.
7. Punch dough down & carefully fold in olive oil, salt & 1/2 c remaining flour.
8. Gradually fold in more flour till dough starts to come away from the sides of the bowl.
9. Place dough on a lightly floured surface & knead well for 10 minutes.
10. Add more flour as necessary.
11. Place dough in a lightly oiled mixing bowl.
12. Cover & leave to double.
13. Ounch dough down again & shape into 2 domed round loaves.
14. Cut a cross in the centre.
15. Place on an oiled baking sheet, cover & let rise till doubled, 45 to 60 minutes.
16. Bake at 350F for 50 minutes.