2 cups flour, sifted
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
2 1/2 cups chopped mango (about 3 large)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup raisins
Combine first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs with oil and
add to the flour mixture. Stir in mangos, lemon juice and raisins.
Turn into 2 greased 8×4-inch loaf pans and bake at 350F (325F for glass
pans) for one hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup milk
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. grated lemon rind, divided
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbl. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream sugar and butter together in a large bowl, beat until fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Add milk; set aside.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp. of the lemon rind. Stir by hand into reserved creamed mixture until the flour is just moistened.
5. Grease a 9 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pan. Turn the batter into the pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
1. Mix the 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and remaining lemon rind together in a small bowl.
2. Pour over the hot bread before removing it from the pan. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan. Cool on a rack.
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (these are optional, it’s great with or without them)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan. If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!