1 1/3 c Flour
1 ts Baking soda
1 Â¼ ts Salt
Â¾ c Sugar
1 Orange; grated peel only
6 tb Butter; cut into 1″ pieces
2 lg Eggs
1 Orange; Juice only
1 Â¼ c Fresh cranberries, chopped
1 c Walnuts or pecans, chopped
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F.
2. Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan and line with a strip of wax paper, greased; or place 18 paper muffin cups in muffin tins.
3. Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Put the sugar and orange peel in a bowl, food processor or mixer, along with the butter, eggs and 1/2 cup of the orange juice.
5. Beat or process until smooth.
6. Add the cranberries, nuts and the flour mixture, beating until just combined.
7. Pour into the pan or cups.
8. Bake 1 hour for the loaf and 30 minutes for the muffins.
9. Remove from pan.
10. Cool on a wire rack.
11. Makes 1 Loaf or 18 Muffins